Sunday, November 11, 2012

12 weeks - Energy

The word of the week is energy! Kili has endless amounts of it. I, on the other hand, not so much!

We started the week out by going to the Remembrance Day ceremony downtown to see a huge crowd of people, children, and dogs. There were also cops in uniform, cop cars with flashing lights, veterans in their military uniforms with interesting hats, and a band. Great for a little puppy! The weather also was very nice for a change. It was sunny and really quite mild. Kili was wired so we had to work a lot on sitting and learning to focus with major distractions. I didn't request a lot. I mostly ignored her jumping around like a fool and then just tried to get her attention with a treat, ask for a sit and some eye contact and then let her go back to being an idiot. I wanted to get a video but I was already trying to wrangle an out of control puppy, take a couple of pictures, and not be totally disrespectful (I spent most of the 2 minutes of silence on my knees keeping Kili's attention so she wouldn't distract others).

Bad dog, bad dog... whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do....
Big crowd!
 Oh, and in case you're wondering what that ring is on her collar in the picture above....


Kili finally earned her very own dog tag. I guess I've decided that I don't want her to go missing indefinitely... maybe just for one night so I can catch up on my sleep? ;)

Did I mention all the energy she has right now?


In coming!




In the 2 years that we have had dog toys in the house, we have never had one damaged. Summit has very little interest in toys and when he does play with them he is very gentle. Well, we have our first casualty.

I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't do it.
 Fortunately it is still possible to tire her out.


2 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

LOL. Very funny post! :-) I just ordered Maddie a tag too... Ha! about Kili missing for one night. She is really cute!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Oh and the adorable running pic. Love it!