Friday, August 14, 2015

Flashback Friday: Time Lapse

Kili's third birthday is coming up. And with it comes the 1 year anniversary of the start of her agility trial career. It's pretty cool to look back at each year and see how much has changed! This time last year we were entering our first "for real" trials and discovering all the wonderful challenges that come with stepping into the trial ring, with all of its extra distractions and excitement.

And while I was looking back at last year, I started to think about the year BEFORE that... which was the very start of learning the game of agility itself. Her first time on equipment, not jumping full height yet, not totally understanding the game yet.

And that got me thinking about the year before that, when she was just born and starting to learn about the world around her.

It has been an amazing, frustrating, elating 3 years. Kili is my first performance dog, and I gather I've done a lot of things wrong with her. All the things that she has learned, I've been learning along with her! My next dogs will have the benefit of having me already trained by Kili. There are times when I'm really frustrated, when I don't know if we can do something... when I'm not sure if it's worth it. But Kili always gives me her all (well, when she's not running off being a dolt ;) ) and so how could I ever give up? I could not be prouder of what we have accomplished so far, and I can only imagine what lays ahead of us still.


No comments: