Saturday, June 29, 2013

10 months - Frame Sucker

Kili started agility classes last week. She will not be jumping any significant height or weaving yet. Since I do not have my own equipment I will not be able to train her several days a week, which means it will take longer to get her ready for competition. I was also getting a little bored with obedience.

Kili brings a whole new set of challenges in agility. She is so different from Summit who is reliable and obedient but tentative. Kili is FEARLESS. But be careful what you wish for. I asked for more drive and boy did I get it! Kili has decided that she absolutely loves agility. Fantastic! Problem? Yes, she'd rather play on the agility equipment than do what mom asks. You've probably heard of tunnel suckers. Dogs who love to run through tunnels and if there is one even remotely nearby the dog mysteriously gets sucked into it. Kili is a frame sucker. She loves the A-Frame. More than she loves recalling to me for fantastic treats. Running up and down the A-frame is a treat all its own. It requires no reinforcement. See for yourself.



She is certainly going to be a lot of fun to run in agility... once I convince her to run it WITH me!

No comments: