Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Back to Basics

Summit has been feeling a little left out of the blog action lately. He's been a little left out of training recently as well. To remedy that I decided to put him into a beginner agility class so we could have some one on one time together. I decided to put him in beginner instead of intermediate because he hasn't done any agility in a year and a half, and I wanted something relatively easy for him so we could mostly just work on having fun together and so I could see how my new trainer introduces all the obstacles so I'll be prepared when it is Kili's turn at the end of the summer.

Here is Summit doing some obstacles. He's a little rusty. We both are. My handling is not the best but that's why we went with beginners! In general his first time back on a piece of equipment he's not 100% sure, but the confidence comes quickly and you can see his tail is always going. As long as he's happy, so am I. In this class we did the tire, table, chute, weaves, A-frame, and teeter. I didn't get weaves or A-frame on video, but here's the rest!


No comments: