Sunday, December 02, 2018

Kenna - International Night

Kenna recently attended her very first International Night, hosted by a local competitive trainer. International Nights are a special fun match type event that features world level or "international style" courses... i.e. hard! Although anyone can attend (if you can get a spot! They sell out fast!), these fun matches tend to have a lot of very high level competitors (world team members and those with world team aspirations).

I decided to try it out with Kenna as she's been developing really well and I wanted to test some of our skills. I'm always looking for ways to push myself and become a better handler, and what better way than international courses!?

I was so proud of us. There is a Jumpers course and a Standard course, and you get 2 turns at each. I'm sad that I forgot to video our second run on this Standard course as it was pretty close to perfect. In this first run we handled it really well for the most part, but Kenna tripped going up the teeter and had to bail off, and you'll also see that she almost face plants coming out of the close tunnel. And then I messed up the handling at the end (in the second run I instead chose to trust my dog, leave the backside after the dogwalk earlier to get far enough ahead to do the blind cross instead of the front, preventing me from losing sight of the tunnel entrance we were aiming for).

Can't wait for the next one!


No comments: