Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Mountain Hounds, Beach Hounds, Travel Hounds - Part 3

This is the final installment in our Vancouver adventure!

On top of the world!


While we were in Vancouver visiting my friend, we decided we would like to go for a hike. A couple of ideas were thrown around but we finally settled on the Stawamus Chief near Squamish, BC. "The Chief" is a monolith  (the second largest in the world supposedly). The hike is very tough with difficult scramble sections, especially for the dogs. I really wanted to get some video of Kili climbing the tough bits but I had to be spotting and helping her so I couldn't. I did get some footage of some of the less challenging portions where I felt she didn't need a spotter... they're still pretty intense! I was proud of my little mountain goat!


The hike is 1.8 km and took us about 3.5 hours round trip. The view at the top is completely worth it!


Watching other hikers coming up from below
Check out that view! You can see the road to Vancouver that we drove in on!
 


Kili and Allie
All 4 of us
It was quite the adventure. Do it again next year?

No comments: