Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Kenna - Terry Simons Seminar

Kenna and I were lucky enough to snag a spot in the Terry Simons seminar that happened recently in Edmonton. A local competitor/dog daycare owner here brings him up every year, but as with all these seminars spots are hard to come by and fill quickly. As a result this is actually the first big seminar that I've attended.

The seminar was held at a turf facility, where we have taken classes on occasion. It's the only turf facility in the area that I'm aware of. It's good to get Kenna running on a variety of footings to get her comfortable, but I definitely find that turf is not her favourite. It can be a bit slippery and I do see her slip on turns and pull bars more often than usual, I also find she's not as fast (though this may also be related to the fact that the facility is not full size so obstacles tend to be a little closer together, which is obviously not as ideal for her to get up to speed.

I was really pleased with how Kenna handled everything. We didn't have any major problems with any of the course segments we were shown, mostly working on small adjustments and tweaks here and there. I'm feeling great about how she's matured and where we're at with her third birthday coming up in just a few days.


No comments: